Thursday, June 18, 2015

FOODVENTURE (1) - DESSERTS


You know what they say about girls having another stomach just for desserts, that's why girls always have room for desserts no matter how much they already ate. First ever post on just food, so I thought why not talk about what I love to eat most? Yes, I really love my desserts! And, I mean really love them. Lately I thought that cafés are a bit overrated, they serve more or less the same thing, and it is not the cheapest meal you can get. So, why don't go for desserts instead?
 
Recently, I've been out with college friends and on dates, hunting for desserts. Here are a two of my new favorite places to get them!
 
SWICH CAFE @ ATRIA SHOPPING GALLERY.
Atria has finally reopened after many months of refurbishing. For those who hasn't been to Atria after it reopened, you'd be shock how Atria looks now. I can't believe how much it has changed! And, so many food stores are opening there as well (yay more food). I was out with Chloe and Wai Kim and we thought about cakes, wanted to go to Bon Bon's but it was closed so we thought we'd take a look in Atria and see if we could get any cakes there. We stumbled upon Swich Café (there's one in Publika) and we thought why not? Glad we gave it a shot because the cakes were really good! I liked them a lot because they're weren't those really sweet ones and their flavors are quite unique at RM12.90 each. There are cakes baked with durian, jackfruit, cempedak and gula Melaka. Overall, they were just really lovely to savour. Definitely going back there!
 
 Cendol Cheesecake with Gula Melaka Caramel
 
 The Aphrodite
 

BINGSU @ DAMANSARA UPTOWN.
Many had told me about this place so I thought it was about time to try it seeing that bingsu cafes are opening everywhere nowadays. Compare this place to Café Bene it definitely has more interesting flavors. We tried the Mango Cheese Bingsu (RM16.90) and it was so so so yummy. You'd think that a combination like that would be a bit weird and might just shy away from giving it a try, but it's definitely not the case here! Not sure what kind of cheese they used, but it blends in so well with the mango! Can't wait to try other bingsus next time!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com